What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080531

Shades of Gray

BLACK

You know what hurts the most? Wondering that, if I had lived a 'normal' life, could I fit in? I always feel like a backwards piece of the puzzle, like the jigsaw that has holes on the wrong sides and a picture unrelated to the one on the box. It's just the nagging thought that crosses my mind, "If I were normal, things would be different."

WHITE

Then again, normal is boring as shit. I'm an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a nice box and given to someone for Christmas. Would I write as well without my History? I can't be sure, but since a lot of my inspiration is from my tragedies, I can safely say that my writing would at least be different. Would I be as good of a person? I really doubt it, but my friends might argue with me about that ;)

GRAY

So what am I? I write poetry, play guitar, enjoy long midnight walks, and stargaze. I'm a decent listener with a tendency to give reasonably reliable advice, and would drop everything to help a friend. I'm in engineering, and have a ever-growing social circle, but I don't cross my limits when it comes to drinking or partying. I have a wide taste in music and popular culture. I'm not gay, and I don't have any horrible deformities.

But on the other hand, I'm skinny like a pencil, I still have my stuffed animal collection, I write and edit for a TERRIBLE NEWSPAPER and I collect Magic: the Gathering cards. I have a tendency to say stupid things and act immature in a clearly failing attempt to get people to like me. I maintain a dark blog and an even darker psychology, with a lot of horrible stories about my past that don't see the light of day. I play lots of geeky video games and can't dance worth shitbeans. I'm a shut-in and my fashion sense relies on whatever clothing I have clean that day.

So what? This is me.

No comments: