What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080528

Let Me Know

So I've realized something over the past few days. Yes, it was affected by my friends' visit, and I think it's changed part of my perceptions.

I'm not wasting my time anymore. I have a high sense of empathy, which is why I feel so uncomfortable in crowds because I pick up feelings from everyone in the room. My heart-stopping moments, the ones I remember, aren't in clubs or at parties or wherever. It's sitting in the park at night with my friends, the ones who really care. Sleeping in a parking lot. Going to Subway. Eating ice cream and making sushi. The small things in life that stay with me forever.


Be a gangster!

Yes, I'll go out with crowds, but the moments that make life worth living happen at the most random times. A bar is a bar, a club is a club - they're fun, high-energy - but you never feel close to anyone. There are no heart-stopping moments, nothing that steals your breath away. So I think I'm trading in my WestEnd membership for something a little quieter and more meaningful. I'll still go out, but for the right reasons. Not for drinking, not for dancing, not for music or whatever, but just to chill with my friends and make some memories that last.


One of the best nights of my life.

I'll sit on a couch with you and watch movies. I'll take a walk with you in the middle of the night. I'll be your friend, without the alcohol. And if you're my friend, I'll be yours. That's all I can really offer. If you want to make some moments with me, just call - I'm always up for making some memories.

No comments: