What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080502

How Fragile is the Heart?

People can be broken easily. Who's going to pick up the pieces after I fall apart?


'The linearity of life is becoming predictable', I wrote a long time ago. For me and some others, it's easy to see the web and pathways that are caused by your decisions, and the resulting long-term effects. It's the whole 'neutral eye' thing that I've got (being a total outcast and removed from society). So watching the ripples is something I can do, even though it's boring shit.

What a twisted web of lies we weave. Does anybody realize how many bad decisions they've made? I know I don't - I can name a few of my transgressions (corn flakes without milk!) but no way all of them. Even worse than the bad decisions are the ones we walk away from without confronting the issue at hand, like the typical, "Should I tell him/her how I feel?", or "Do I go over there and say hi?", which, if we choose to walk away, leave us with a feeling of 'what if?'.

How much can people take? I'm not 'normal', whatever that word might mean, but things are starting to break. Not to sound excessive, but I've been tempered by bad experiences, so my tolerance is reasonably higher than most. So what about the everyday 'average man'? How many waves does it take to erode a shoreline?

Things are starting to fall down, and I get older, I start to understand why people seem to grow so apathetic as they age. The constant beatings of bad decisions, and the footprints left as people trample over you, and all the haunting aches and pains from the past. How much can we take?

No comments: