What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080519

Punched in the Heart

Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
-William Butler Yeats, The Stolen Child
It's an odd phenomenon. There are many times where I'm stunned into an awkward silence by things people say, or do, that resound and reverberate in my mind, leaving me standing there with my mouth open like an idiot.

If I'm ever awkward around you, it's probably because you scare the living crap out of me. But in a good way, like your eyes catching mine and rendering me speechless, or something you said strumming a chord inside me. It's pretty epic but the part afterwards usually fills up with me saying something really dumb to cover up how hard you've just punched me in the heart (again, in a good way).

1 comment:

eya said...

It's better to risk everything. I agree. You'll never know unless you try.