What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080618

You Trust This Guy?

The current state of my life:

Exam on Friday which I'm having trouble studying for. Fell down the stairs last night. Talking to girl whose boyfriend is a possible dick. Talking to boy whose ex-boyfriend is a definite dick. Talking to boy whose friends are possible dicks (including me, sorry). Need a haircut. Room smells like birdshit. Dishes need washing. Incomplete job applications. Office needs cleaning.

I think I need to write the following essay for everybody. Check it out:

=======
Justin says:
I kind of hate to say this... but if he knew you well enough, you wouldn't have to say anything. He'd just know.
Justin says:
Compromise needs to work both ways.
Justin says:
Don't ever change yourself into someone you're not.
***@hotmail.com says:
but I did
***@hotmail.com says:
and I can't seem to make him see me otherwise... I completely lost myself this year
=======

I think people inherently know the right thing to do. The problem is finding the courage to do it. Sometimes life can get really confusing and terrible, but giving up is pointless. Death may come eventually, but accelerating the process is a dumb idea. Difficulty makes the heart grow stronger. Don't ever forget that the least person has a place in someone's heart, and though you might not see it, you're important.

We'll never be perfect. People who say they've fulfilled every one of their goals are the walking dead - they don't have anything left to strive for. There is no way you'll ever reach all your goals, because you'll keep setting new ones. It's how we grow as people. The day you're satisfied with yourself is the day you die because really, what else is there to do? Remember that when you think you've failed - there's no such thing as failure, because every step backwards is a learning experience. Hope is useless, you can't rely on hope because nothing will ever get done. The only way shit will happen is if you stop hoping and start doing.

The uber-hotdog won't make your life perfect, but it's pretty damn close.

=======
justinsma@gmail.com Man, c'mon. What are you afraid of?
***@gmail.com like...ppl treating me differently
justinsma@gmail.com HAHAHAHA
justinsma@gmail.com Man, some people, maybe
justinsma@gmail.com but c'mon, me?
justinsma@gmail.com I'm a freak anyways
=======

Relax. Life is life. There's nothing we can do to change the past. The only thing that matters is NOW, and what you're going to do about it. I may be a huge hypocrite, but remember: you can't change the past, but you can ruin the future by worrying about it. This applies for everybody, whether they choose to accept it or not. Difficulties make you a better person.

You're trusting this guy with your problems?

There are a million things I can say to you all, but ultimately, the decision is yours. I can only advise, I can't tell you what to do, or force you down the right path. People who say they know what to do are liars, and anyways, being perfect is overrated. In any case, I'm not a professional psychiatrist, but I'll do my best to be there when shit hits the fan.

I love you guys but sometimes you can be huge idiots =)


P.S. I find it slightly depressing that you guys are coming to ME for help. Me, the depressed jackass who has a noted and well-documented history of licking cats and taking pictures of crotches. What the hell is wrong with you?

P.S.S. Andrew and Shani are right, my bones are fucking brittle. Look at my wrists! They're like pencils!

1 comment:

Calligrapher said...

STOP WITH THE CATS! I mean, I know they lick themselves but you so do not need to help.

And it's true. I'm not sure why we trust you with our problems. Maybe it's a contrast thing. You're such a jackass it makes us feel better to talk to you.

You know I love you, you utter, utter madman.