What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080611

The Aftermath

I spent 10 minutes looking at the word higher trying to figure out what hig-her meant. Fuck.

After inviting a number of people to come over and play with my Wii (no, that joke's not funny anymore, I know) and getting no response, I went out for a walk. The weather was light, sunny but breezy, and I contemplated the use of a jacket before deciding that was for n00bs. Went down to the school, fell asleep watching 'How It's Made' and then went home.

The above paragraph has a point, although it may seem random. I've been feeling apathetic lately (just recent events, see previous post) and it's causing me to behave really irrationally. I spent 4 hours swatting flies in my house (I think someone left food out) and then played Guitar Hero for a while, before playing real guitar. I ate an entire can of wasabi peas and devoured a plate of plain bread. My mind is wandering like a hitchhiker in the Appalachians.

Last week Friday I went out to WestEnd and Bianca's housewarming party, and I've never gotten drunker in my life. Lesson learned: never let Big D mix you a drink. I ended up sleeping on Jon's couch, throwing up and furiously swearing in Chinese. I probably said a number of things I wouldn't have said otherwise, and now Ashley (bartender at WestEnd) probably thinks I'm retarded. It was a bad move on my part and I think I'm going to cut myself off from alcohol for a while. Drinking to escape problems is a stupid thing to do and I went way overboard trying to forget.

So yeah. As of late, my behaviour has been really stupid and I've done a lot of things I wouldn't have done otherwise. I hate apologizing for it again, but I'm sorry. It's just beyond my control, and I'm probably going to be this way at least until Father's Day (which is pretty shit in itself too). I promise I'll be back on my feet eventually, but until then you guys are going to have to put up with my bullshit.

Last thing of note: Vote for Optimus Prime.

1 comment:

eya said...

Dude, it's all good. Sometimes I like to drink my problems away. Hell, once I got high so I wouldn't think of them. BUT I OVERDID MYSELF. Holy Shit, I was TOTALLY wiped out. So, I know the feeling. But if it makes you feel any better, your days sound a lot more productive than mine.