What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080622

Whew

A recap of the last few days:

Friday's exam went reasonably well, although the material was a lot harder than what was on the regular tests. It figures that our prof would quite literally dick us over by instilling a false sense of security throughout the year. I'm sure I still passed the course, which is a relief because if I ever have to take that motherfucking sonabitch class ever again I'll have to falcon punch a mongoose in the face.

After that tragedy of an exam, I made an appearance at WestEnd, and opted for a glass of water instead of alcohol (see previous posts). I didn't see any point in staying, so leaving the bar early, I hung out with Jon, James and Imran, and then spent an hour helping Imran look for his lost car keys (which happened to have fallen into the couch).

Yesterday (Saturday) was the yearly event known as Catapult, where we decide on Frosh Week themes and events. It was held at Brant Park, and although the weather was supposed to be shit, it cleared up and I spent the day swimming (the water was frigid like your mother's kiss) and playing ultimate frisbee (where Jon inadvertently did the splits). As promised, I brought my guitar and spent a good solid hour making music with my friends.

Unfortunately, things went slightly downhill at the night's kegger. I contemplated skipping it, considering the fact that I wasn't drinking, but I decided to go to meet some new people, especially the new Reds that I'll be working with this September. First off, I broke the G-string on my guitar (thereby becoming a cheap joke), then spent the rest of the night running after people as usual. I was reasonably upset by the number of problems that went down, mainly the typical relationship issues, magnified by alcohol.

I mean, seriously, things are so overly dramatic. I know it's pretty hypocritical of me to say this, considering my life is a veritable whirlwind of drama, but people need to learn some control. There are a number of people who lose themselves, and alcohol aside, they really should know better. I mean, if you have a girlfriend, flirting with other women isn't really helping things, and on top of that, you can't blame someone else for your own behaviour, right? And if you regret sleeping with that guy, why would you do it again? Considering the fact that I was the one you spent an hour ranting to, it would be a pretty dick move to do it AGAIN. Your actions affected my mood, and a lot of first years noticed I was being somewhat of a dick because of it. I don't like letting my mood affect others - I usually make it a point to hide my feelings but last night was just a LOT.

Thanks a lot to Jackie for giving me a little bit of an ego boost, even though I'm definitely not as nice as you make me out to be. Also to Spackman, for giving me the 'sit down and stop caring' talk, even though I might not have listened. And Udit, for doing what needed to be done in my place. And of course, to all of the rest of you that were just there for me. There's a lot of shit going on my life right now and I'm glad some people truly appreciate me for me.

And that is that. I spent the day cleaning my house, because I'm going home tomorrow. I'm going to fucking miss Hamilton.

No comments: