What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080826

No Thank You

I'm being disillusioned.

The only drugs I'll ever take are prescription. Sure, you can call me lame, or square - you can tell me I should live life on the edge, that I should stop being so careful - but you know what? I don't have a problem with you using narcotics - if you want to, that's fine. I have a problem when you try to pressure me into it. In all honesty, I'd rather keep myself free of anything that would negatively affect myself or others. I don't even drink caffeine, and when I do consume alcohol, I keep it at a responsible level. I have responsibilities to take care of and drugs aren't high on my list of cool things to do.

And yeah, I think body modification is pointless. It's not a bad thing, you go ahead and do it, but again, don't try and convince me to get a piercing or tattoo. If I ever do, it'll mean something to me, but I won't stick pieces of metal in my body to 'pick up chicks'. You can get one to 'be cool', but I'd rather stick with my own ideals and values than give in to flow with popular culture.

Seriously guys. Yeah, I make bad decisions, but I'm proud to say I've never smoked a day in my life. I've never taken narcotics, never done anything I couldn't tell my mom. That means a lot to me, my self-worth. And yeah, I will get defensive if you pressure me. Your decisions are your own, I'm not blasting you for doing shit to yourselves, but don't fucking try to convince me to go against what I believe.

No comments: