What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080819

He Doesn't Look a Thing Like Jesus

My life as of late:

My mom went off to New Zealand yesterday with her old schoolmates to celebrate their 50th birthday, leaving me at home with Stella and Shamrock. It's the first time she's left me in charge for more than a week, so I'm a little apprehensive about having so much responsibility. But 20, right? I can handle it.

The biggest problem I have is leaving the house. I can't really go out for more than an hour, and definitely not overnight, unless I call someone to babysit. I've had to turn down a number of events just to stay home and look after stuff. It sucks, but I'll have to grow up eventually. Just taking it a little earlier than expected.

Most of my time is spent on the computer, which is probably really unhealthy. Luckily I've been taking the dog for runs, so I'm getting sunlight. Oddly enough, I've gained 10 pounds this month from Taekwondo training and learning to backflip, and people have been saying I look healthier. That's pretty awesome, considering I've always been frail (Lol Shani and Andrew, pencil arms).

My hair has really grown out too. I need to get it trimmed, but lately I've just been razoring it myself. Alex and I are probably going to dye our heads and spike it up a la Dragonball Z for frosh week. Yeah, we're massive nerds, but when have I ever been completely normal? Weird is a synonym for Awesome in my dictionary. In any case, my hair is getting in the way alot - makes me wonder if I should buy some hairclips with little butterflies, or just steal my sister's.

Aside from the computer, I've been playing a lot of guitar. I've learned Death Cab's new album, Narrow Stairs, and a couple other songs by Muse and Guns & Roses. Today I went to L&M and bought a set of Super Slinkies, and spent a good hour restringing my RGT42. It has a floyd rose bridge - for those of you not guitar-savvy, it's a complicated piece of hardware that takes FOREVER to adjust, so changing strings turns into a chore. I haven't changed my RGT's strings since I got it over 4 years ago, so it was worth it. It sounds fucking INCREDIBLE - sustain is through the roof, tone is crisp and clear, but I'm still thinking about replacing the stock Infinity humbuckers with some new ones.

I'm going off to play The Killers now. I'll post again soon.

No comments: