What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20060424

Wow.

I am speechless. I was at Youth for Christ all weekend, and it was awesome. Truly one of the best times in my entire life.

I have to start from the beginning. At first, when Nicole invited me (to whom I owe my everlasting thanks) I was sorta skeptical. I've been to some prayer groups, or church meetings, and most of them were either really weird or really boring. So I just tagged along because I figured I might meet new people.

Well, I was SOOOOO wrong. YFC was amazing, awesome, like a camp and a rock concert and church mixed into one. I had a lot of fun, we played games, listened to music, hung out, burnt stuff...

Most of what they said I've heard before, but it wasn't boring. To me, it wasn't a new stage in my beliefs but rather a confirmation of those beliefs. I loved watching tough-ass gangsters break down and cry like babies. So awesome.

It was a revelation, a rejuvenation. I can't stop smiling, it was that great. Everyone should go to YFC. It was the best use of $55 I can think of.

We laughed, we cried... we laughed again.

Sigh.

No comments: