What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20070209

Shit, was Saw 3 good.

Just downloaded it and watched it. Awesome, maybe one of my favourites because it had a lot more 'human' plot. I always admire Jigsaw's work, but the ending disappointed me a little. Plus the number of 'inescapable' traps was depressing.

As always, the sadist in me felt a little awed by the immensity and complexity of the traps, but I was unimpressed by the actual execution (pardon the pun). Half of the traps seemed too much like elaborate murder, and the other half weren't what I expected from a genius-intellect.

Playing on physical pain is always easy, even simplistic. The rack, flaying, iron maiden... they're all examples of purely physical pain. However, to me, violence is barbaric, and unelegant. Psychological torment is my forte. I find it a lot cleaner, for one thing, and not as hard to set up.

Here's an easy one you can try at home! Although I have to warn you, don't do this at home.

Get a blindfold and a long, thick rope. Pick your victim, and while he or she is sleeping, blindfold them, and tie their hands behind their back. Then, as quietly as you can, take a seat in the room, making sure not to make a sound. When your victim awakens, they'll panic at first. But eventually, they'll begin to think rationally, and this is where your fun starts.

Studies have shown that when one sense is taken away, the others become more prominent. Therefore, your victim's hearing and smell should be heightened, as well as touch. So just as your victim gets comfortable, tap your foot or drop a pin.

Instantly, the victim, who up till now thought he/she was alone in the room, will freak out and panic. Step back into silence again. Eventually, he or she will attribute the sound to the imagination, or knocking against a table, or something like that. Wait, and then touch them. Just carefully brush their back, or their hand.

Repeat these steps until the victim is almost positive they aren't alone. Then, it's up to you what to do. Personally, my choice would be to whisper something incerdibly violent or scary into their ear. Or you could just jump out and yell 'BOO!'

Heh, that beats Saw anyday. Slowly breaking the mind is a lot more satisfying than physical torture.

*disclaimer: no, I am not a murderer or a creep. I just like mind games.

No comments: