What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20090518

Armored Hearts

I'm going insane. I'm under so much stress right now.

A lot of things have recently upset me. I've been losing friends left and right, because they're no longer the people I knew. Either they've changed, or I've gotten to know certain aspects of them that I no longer feel the need to connect with. So snip, cut, and goodbye friendship, you have been pruned from the tree.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm constantly struggling to find a way to rid my mind of these people, but it's impossible. Unfortunately, it's always the people I love the most that end up hurting me the greatest. Maybe it's because I've opened my heart to them, exposing my vulnerable side, and trusting that they won't hurt me - and of course, they inevitably do.

Every time I try to form a meaningful relationship with someone, they end up killing parts of me. It's slowly poisoning me against trying to find a girlfriend, since every time I show my heart it gets stabbed. I'm learning that the world is harsher than I imagined. I love a girl and she ends up killing me.

I'm building armor for myself. Padding my heart with steel, until nothing can hurt me again. But a heart caged can't beat freely. I don't know what to do.

1 comment:

Calligrapher said...

DON'T WORRY I STILL LOVE YOU.

even though i be insanely busy and thus have no time to talk. but you will note i do have time to stalk your blog...

*shrugs* what can you do.