What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20060520

My last concert...

I'm happy and sad at the same time, happy because no more band practice, but sad because band had so many memories for me. I'm leaving behind 'the croaking noise' 'WA!' 'NEVILLE MANT!' 'Ping Pong' and all the things that made band endurable. I'm also leaving behind my friends, and also the music I've lived with for the past four years.

It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to move on. Not that I'm too happy about that.

The concert itself was good. I was the official tuner, lol, so I had to run up and down flights of stairs. Somehow, I also became an errand boy, running and getting folders for people. But the best part was 'Thriller' when we put down the giant PHANTOM poster. Here's me and John posing next to it:

I wish I could've seen the look on Neville Mant's face when he saw this. It was a night to remember. Our last concert of high school, before we all move on to different things. Time to say bye to my trombone. Bye to my friends. Teachers. Jokes, traditions, obscure rituals, 'experiments' and everything else. Goodbye music.

No comments: