What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20060509

I try to do things, but sometimes when the outcome is different than I expect, what can I do? there's a point of no return. Not everything can be fixed, not everything can be put to rights. Consequences unforeseen, shit does happen, and when it does, I always wonder if I did anything wrong, if I could have said something different...

I regret a lot of things I've done. Guilt, regret, pain, despair... I have to come to peace with myself for many things I've done. But it's hard when the chance has passed for redemption. Where can I go for peace? When the outcome is different than I expected, there is always a hanging, nameless blame over my head, for what I did, and what I said.

The times I wanted to apologize, for all I've ever done to hurt someone, but never did. The times I wanted to tell my friends how much they mean to me, but never did. And if, God forbid, anyone leaves this world, how can I get that chance back? Life is too short, and people flicker in and out, and no matter who you are, death will find you one day.

I've always tried to save others, even at my own expense. But what happens when I fail? Could I have done or said something wrong? Could I have changed the outcome, changed fate? Maybe I pushed too much. Maybe I didn't push enough. What do I say? How can I be sure I don't push anyone off the edge with my words and actions?

Tell the people you care about that they mean so much to you. Tell your family you love them, Tell your enemies you forgive them. Live every day like it's your last, because a lot can happen between today and tomorrow.

No comments: