What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20060919

I have noticed something quite... odd, during the last few years. It has always seemed to be that certain friendships are made from convenience, no matter how hard we try to deny it. Sometimes, friends become friends merely to use each other, much like leeches suck the blood of their hosts. Sometimes, it's a one way relationship, and at other times, it becomes a sort of symbiosis. Sadly, the superficiality of the friendship only rises up after need has disappeared.

However, the main point of this post is not to debate the finer points of friendships but rather to set a warning, an alarm if you will. Lately, I have begun to notice that especially in University and post-secondary education, there is a high population of these human leeches. In a frantic, fast-paced world, the easiest way to get something is to take it. And thus, we have evolved, or adapted, to using each other. So, my warning is not to avoid these people, but not to become one yourself. Much worth is put on friendships, and thus the higher two people fly together, the harder it is when they fall.

It's one sad thing to lose a friend you never really had, but it's much sadder to abandon someone who believed in you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey
I know what you mean. As to the last statement, I've done and had done to me. It took me a looong time to get over things. But in the end it only made me stronger... =)