What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20080918

Adventure

Things are looking amazingly sky-high.

So Frosh week was an experimental period of separation between me and the people who I used to force myself to hang out with. It worked, and I've effectively divorced myself from the YEAH DRINK TO GET DRUNK crowd. I've never felt better letting myself go, and getting angry sometimes has helped my self-control incredibly.

Anyways, I was sitting in front of my computer one day, and I was writing about all my previous life 'adventures'. Then the irony hit me like a truckload of fail - here I am, writing about sleeping outside and hitchhiking across continents, but now I'm sitting in front of a computer on facebook. I miss adventure. What the hell am I doing here?

So last night, me and Nik built a cross at Adam Wong's house (Adam is sort of like an engineering god). Then we climbed ABB (our school's science building) and explored the roof for hours. I took an amazing photo of Thode at night from above. The roof of ABB is like a maze, there are ladders going up and down and pipes running everywhere, and vents spewing random white smoke. We had some dangerous moments climbing across six-story drops, and then we went an explored the maintenance level with all the steam pipes and wires. It was like being in a submarine hallway. Fucking incredible.

Eventually, we went down into the building itself, and tried to get into a lot of places, like the electron microscopy lab. We jumped over the staircase railing to get past the door lock, but there was ANOTHER locked door. We also tried the loading dock, but some radio music was coming out, so we figured someone might have been working late. We also found a scary demon painting called 'Fallen Angel" - not a nice sight in a dark, silent building at night. I also got scared by the maintenance hallways, and my reflection in a window. Lol.

Eventually, we went over to BSB, and got in through the unlocked elevator entrance. We went up to the fourth floor, but some guy was there, so Nik started jamming the "close door" button and we escaped to the third floor. BSB was sort of boring, but we did explore the subbasement and found the building blueprints labeled "BSB Phase III". Like any good spy, we took the prints and ran to JHE.

That night, when I got home, I talked to my housemate Lisa and convinced her to sleep outside. It was so freaking nice, but it got really cold around 5 a.m., so we went inside. I almost missed the speech I had to give this morning, but it was SO worth it.

Then today, I got Jon and James and we climbed the hill/cliff/mountain at the end of Emerson road. The hill ended at the highway, but it was still cool because we saw a deer and got some exercise.

You know when self-made promises never ever go right? Well, this one went perfectly. Anyways, I need to go. I have more adventures to explore.

1 comment:

aenariele said...

I know you told me this stuff last night... but it was so worth reading again. At the moment, I truly envy you... but you know what? I'm going to go have my own adventure too =)