What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20071110

Waking Up

I woke up the other morning at around 7:30 to the buzz of Dean, Jason and Todd, courtesy of my clock radio.

I lay there for a little while, trying to plan my day.

I had Software class at 8:30. I also needed to finish my lab report due at twelve. Maybe if I had some time I'd grab some breakfast - which reminded me I needed to go buy some eggs. I also needed to shower, brush my teeth, get changed, and check Facebook for any events that may have come up.

Anyways, I was considering getting up to brush my teeth, but another glance at the clock reminded me that the walk to school would take about 20 minutes, if I didn't catch the bus. So I decided that I might save some time by brushing my teeth while in the shower, because I really wanted to spend some time browsing Facebook.

But then I realized that by the time I was done, I wouldn't have any time to eat breakfast, and I was pretty hungry that morning. So maybe I could eat breakfast on my way to school, and brush my teeth in the shower.

It was only after I was about to get up that I remembered my lab report due at noon. I really had to get that done, but it was on my laptop. So if I walked while typing with one hand, I might be able to finish by 12, then have time to do something fun this afternoon.

But then I remembered breakfast, and carrying my laptop while typing and eating required a number of extra hands. So my best bet was to do my lab report during software class, and eat on the way to school, and to brush my teeth during my shower, and that way I'd have time to go buy some eggs after class to make myself some real food.

Finally, I sat up in bed and looked at my clock to see how much time I had left. It was already 8:30, so I decided to go back to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol. I'm sure at some point everyone does this. If they say they haven't, they're lying. I do it all the time.
You're writing style is wonderful though. It's a dull piece of work - what you've just described - and you've actually made it interesting and enjoyable. =)