What am I doing?

Inner peace feels like cherries in spring and the leaves in August. It's like scratching an itch. Like finding a perfect puddle of water.

20070508

I went to see Spiderman! Or, I was supposed to.

"Hey mom, you using the car tomorrow?"

"No, I'm not."

"Okay, I'm gonna watch Spiderman 3 with a few friends."

*The next morning*

"Okay, I'm going to go watch Spiderman. I'll be back later."

"Oh. I'm going to visit your grandma, then pick up your sister. I also have work this afternoon."

"But you said you weren't using the car."

"Well, I am. Take a bus. You can always see Spiderman tomorrow."

"My friends are busy. They have work. They won't be free until 2 weeks from now. Spiderman isn't going to stay in theatres forever."

"Well, you should have known I was going to work. I assumed you were going to use the car during the morning."

"I asked if you were using the car today, and you said no. What I assumed was that No meant No. I didn't know No meant Yes."


So there you have it. That was my day in a nutshell. Then I got sent out to scoop dog poop.

No comments: